WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Layer doesn't display in WebMap Mobile

Hello, 

I am trying to set up webmap Mobile configuration. I can login and see int the legen my layer, but it is not displayed. 

Somewhere here I saw that using IP address instead of server name should help. I changed in config file and now there is an IP in GetCapabilities. But it didn't help with the displaying problem. 

Are there any ideas how this problem might be solved? 

Thank you in advance,

Liz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Layer doesn't display in WebMap Mobile

Hi Liz,

Do you mean that the layer is not displayed on a mobile device?

What are the server name or IP addresses - are you using publicly reachable URLs, or URLs that are reachable within the intranet network from the mobile device?

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dear Jan, 

Yes, it is not displayed in mobile device (please see the picture attached). 

It is publicly reachable IP addresse. 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Liz,

Have you tried using a USSampleData WFS (include Demo data when creating the WFS service) and see if that would display unde WM mobile ?

When you connect to the WFS service under GeoMedia, do you use IP url or servername url ?

Also are you using https or http for the WFS ?

Thanks

Frank

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello Frank,

Finally I could display data from sample data (Countries). But when I published data from SQL DB it doesn't displayed again. 

My WFS consists of around 80 objects. The WFS service is reachable. http://consumerportal.all2geo.ru/Buildings_mobile/service.svc/get?request=GetCapabilities&service=WF...

In GM used server name. I presume that I work with http, but not sure about it. 

Regards,

Liz

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Liz,

We are investigating your logged ticket on this subject matter, we will provide update ASAP.

Regards,

Frank

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Liz,

I tried your layer and I am not seeing it on my WM Mobile 2020.

A few questions:

1) you mentioned "I could display data from sample data (Countries). But when I published data from SQL DB it doesn't displayed again.", could you elaborate more on this ?  Was the US Countires data from SQL DB ?  And do you mean when you published your own data from SQL DB, then it does not display ?  Is it SQL Express ?  Is the WFS created with a MSSQL RW connection ?

2) when you see the Countries displaying on WM Mobile, do you see the "Add Feature" or "Edit Geometry" icons on the left ? (Assume you have enabled "Create" and "Geometry Update" under the [Edit Work] interface)

3) when you don't see your "buildings_mobile" displaying on WM Mobile, do you see the "Add Feature" or "Edit Geometry" icons on the left ?

4) could you add another layer to the WFS to see if that makes any difference ?  I was able to get other WFS service to work/display under WM Mobile, and that WFS has several layers.

5) have you tried restarting IIS and clearing the .NET temp file (i.e. delete this folder "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\mobilebackend" )

Thanks

Frank

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Dear Franc, 

Below are my comments: 

1. Countries was an Access file, not SQL. I have SQL Spatial and I tried with different layers – the same results (they appear in the legend, but not on the map). WFS created with R/W connection.
  2. I don’t see "Add Feature" or "Edit Geometry" (please see the picture attached)
  3. No, I don’t see "Add Feature" or "Edit Geometry"
  4. Yes, I tried several layers with the same results.
  5. Yes, I tried to restart IIS. But I haven’t deleted.NET temp file. Could you please provide all files that need to be deleted?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Liz,

After restarting IIS, you may delete the "mobilebackend" folder under "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\", you should restart the webmap service as well.

Are you able to insert new geometry to your SQL Spatial WFST under Geospatial Portal ?

I am able to insert new geometry to my SQL WFST layer under WM Mobile (even layer is not displaying), I can see the newly inserted geometries...UNTIL I zoomed/Panned, then they are gone like the rest of the layer Smiley Sad    However, this proves that MW Mobile is talking/inserting to my WFST, I can see the new geometry under GeoMedia.

Could you try inserting new geometry with your WFST ? (i.e. Enable option "Create" for that Feature Class under the Edit Work interface)

Thanks

Frank

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

One thing that could cause this problem is usage of underscore ( '_' ) characater in a layer name. There are following possibilities

• Change the WFS 1.1.0 XSD schema to allow underscores
  • Disable schema validation by changing these config keys to false:
    • Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.ServiceSchemaXmlRequestValidation
    • Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.RequestSchemaXmlRequestValidation
  • Manually change the current WebMap Mobile JSON configuration, switching from /post? to /get? requests
Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial