WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Non existing wms keeps getting requests and showing up in event viewer

Hi team,

We have  a couple of wms services. Some of them were used in Cache Filler Service and Cache Filler Manager to generate WMTS. Later on, these WMS are removed from these services and their instances are deleted (service + source instances) and all their references are removed. However, these Cache Filler services now using other WMS; however, we notice that when we start the cache filler/cache filler manager, these old services somehow get requests and show unsuccessful request entries in the event viewer.

2018-03-28 10_39_00-Inbox - bob.pham@hexagonsi.com - Outlook.png

We try to stop it from showing up again in the event viewer, but could find where they still get referenced.

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas.

Kind regards  

Staff

Re: Non existing wms keeps getting requests and showing up in event viewer

This is very complex, I've been fighting on this several hours time ago. The reason probably is that the WMS service has been call from another WebGIS Server that has de Gecapabilities service running. Then the capabilities service is doing a call each "x" minutes depending of the configuration.

If you know what webgis server can be, you only need to delete folder store of capabilities service. In case you don't know what webgis service is causing it, you may take a  look into IIS log, detect the IP that is doing the request and configure it as forbidden on IIS default web site.

I don't know if there are more options, but my suspicious is on Capabilities service Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

HI Josep,

Thank you for looking into my issue. I did check the capabilities service, but there is no reference to the services. Smiley Sad

Really not sure where to look.

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

Have you had look at IIS logs as Josep suggested? You will see which IP (computer) is trying to reach this service.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

One possible source of 'ghost' wms/wfs service is the outdated gpm used for portal's overview map.

Thanks

Frank

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. I will check IIS log and workspace.Smiley LOL 

Let you know soon

Kind regards,