WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMPS Legend Icons Load Path

Hi Guys,

Can someone please clarify the following:

We have two servers , lets call them A and B.

So on server A we have installed Webmap and created a wmps service (2018 Update 1 With Wmps Hotfix)

On server B there is an instance of portal SDK running that consumes the wmps service.

We have registered a domain name lets call it gis.co.za when working internally on the network or externally the the routing has been set up to hit machine name with domain ex A.gis.co.za and B.gis.co.za.

So on server B where portal SDK is running the wmps service has been registered as http://A.gis.co.za/wmps-service/services.svc wich works fine.

Loading the portal the wmps service is loaded displayed and all legend icons displays.

However this is not the case externally.The portal loads fine all geometries is displayed , legend is created but no legend icons displays.

When inspecting the calls one can see the service is called like registered http://A.gis.co.za/ but the icons is trying to be reached with only the machine name http://A...,this will work internally on the network but not externally.

Why is the domain name excluded from the icons location path and how can this be fixed?

Any help will be creatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

Re: WMPS Legend Icons Load Path

WMPS legend entry icons should have the url based on hostname configured on console administration --> system settings -->  msicelaneous

what url do you have set there ??. After changing it you have to restart webmap and generate again capabilities file of WMPS (delete it previously)

Regular Contributor

Hi Josep,

Thanks for the Info.

Yeah, hostname is set as default ie a...will change this to a.gis.co.za

I will do as suggested and test.

Also on the topic,regarding consumer portal.

I have also used te same starting workspace as the geospatial portal with the wmps serivce registered as a.gis.co.za....

But when running the consumer portal none of the data is displayed , also noticed that in the consumer portal calls for data without the domain name only the machine name, is this also related to the hostname configured in webmap?

Kind Regards

Jacques

Regular Contributor

Hi Josep,

Still no luck.

Changed the host alias -> enabled an d typed in the host name with domain extention.

Cleared wmps cache , restarted webmap services and get capabilities , rebuild cache and still location points to machine name only,

Again Cleared all wmps cache , browser cache .net cache restarted all services and still points to machine name only.

When opening the cache xml file all url's only point to machine name , when I manually change all xml urls to represent host alias entry and then run portal the legend icons displays begause it it pointing to the correct url.

Any Idea what else I can try?

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

See image attached, you don't have to modify hostname, you have to change root url from miscelllaneous tab of system settings

Regular Contributor

Hi Josep,

My apologise for not focusing.

I did change the host alias but not the root URL.

Working now!

Kind Regards

Jacques