WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

WebMap 2018 OpenLS routing service and Windows Server security policies

Hi All!

Are there any known Windows Server security policy settings that may crash OpenLS routing service? 

We face with an issue when OpenLS routing service (part of WebMap Pro 2018 license) installed on customer's virtual machine with windows server crashes every time when tryes to generate route. The problem happens with Demo routing network dellivered with SW distributives. Suggestion is Window or IIS security.

Any help will be appreciated,

Best regards,

Nik

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: WebMap 2018 OpenLS routing service and Windows Server security policies

Hi Nik,

Can you reproduce the issue on other server? Is there any error in the Even Viewer on time of the crash? Is there anything in GWMLog?

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted

Re: WebMap 2018 OpenLS routing service and Windows Server security policies

Hello Nik.

We have no reported issue's of OpenLS routing service crashing Windows Server.

I would recommned monitoring system resources, as I have seen issue's in the past where a full C: drive would cause Windows Server to crash.

I would also suggest going through the system event logs for any indications as to what may have caused the crash.

Thank You,

Marc