WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

WebMap Route Service - Cannot create Graph file

Hi team

I am trying to set up a GeoMedia Route Service.

According to the on-line documentation one of the data requirements was to create a Graph file that can be used by the service, 

can find the on-line documentation here:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/jFUgMwV8rLquX7vj86E_6A/rY2yaY6_rFb_UTOJsYIbVA

10. Create Graph File

Data Format

Operation

Linear features

/CreateGraph

GM Network data

/CreateGraph

Transportation Manager data

/CreateGraph/p>

NavTeq and TeleAtlas

This file is created by default when migrating data from Navteq and TeleAtlas formats.

CreateGraph operation can be used for publishing:

additional graphs OR

to overwrite previously created graphs without publishing all files.

However whenever I uses RouteDataPub to create the Graph file I get the following error:

C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\NetworkData>RouteDataPub /CreateGraph /Network roads.network /EdgeCost roads.cost/EdgeReverseCost roads.cost /Output roads.length.graph /Overwrite
Error message: Exception occurred.
Description: invalid fnode
Source: AdvNetwork.GraphBuilder.1
Error code: 0x80020009

This is the syntax I used in cmd prompt: 

Create ID and Networkfile
RouteDataPub /CreateNetwork /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Geometry geometry /Tolerance 0.01 /Output roads.network /OutputID roads.ID /Overwrite

Create Geometry
RouteDataPub /CreateEdgeGeometry /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Network roads.network /Geometry geometry /Output roads.geometry /Overwrite

Create RangeTree
RouteDataPub /CreateRangeTree /Geometry roads.geometry /Output roads.rangetree /Overwrite

Create EdgeName
RouteDataPub /CreateEdgeName /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Network roads.network /NameExpression name /Output roads.name /Overwrite

Create EdgeCost
RouteDataPub /CreateEdgeCost /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Network roads.network /CostExpression blocked /Output roads.cost /Overwrite

Create Distance
RouteDataPub /CreateEdgeCost /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Network roads.network /CostExpression "LENGTH(Geometry)" /Output roads.distance /Overwrite

Create Duration
RouteDataPub /CreateEdgeCost /Connection C:\Working\SDCRoutingAnalysis\data.mdb /Edge roads /ID id /Network roads.network /CostExpression "LENGTH(Geometry)" /Output roads.duration /Overwrite

Create Graph

RouteDataPub /CreateGraph /Network roads.network /EdgeCost roads.cost /EdgeReverseCost roads.cost /Output roads.length.graph /Overwrite

All of files above get created fine but the Graph file.

I suspect the EdgeCost and EdgeReverseCost files I generated are not qualified. in my example above I used "blocked" field for CostExpression with all values set to 0 (not a oneway). I did this because I read the data requirements below:

Data Format

Operation

Linear features

/CreateEdgeCost

The Cost expression specified must yield a value by combining:

Cost

Oneway value:

0 - not a oneway

1 – oneway in forward direction

-1 – oneway in reverse direction

2 – blocked both ways

This is what my roads dataset looks like:

id           name           blocked
30           road_B           0
32           road_A           0
33           road_A           0
34           road_A           0

Note: I am building new a linear network here.

Have I done anything wrong here?

Cheers

Yuan

Frequent Contributor

Re: WebMap Route Service - Cannot create Graph file

Obvserved the same issue when playing with the sampe data and workflow...

Frequent Contributor

Product centre indicated there might be an issue with the RouteDataPub.exe utility tool, see ticket 00032832 for more details.

Staff

Considering the error message, I think there might be an issue with determining the intersections in the road network. This happens in the first step, when you compile a network from your source feature class. The /Tolerance parameter controls this and should be expressed in meters.

What happens if you use a different tolerance value, like 1m, instead of your 0.01m?