WebGIS Discussions

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

mTransformer - coloring rooftops

[ Edited ]

Dear All

I am looking for some settings in mTransformer 2016.

When calculating some 3D objects I encounter this results:

3dbuildings_kml1.png

But i would like to tint the roofs of the buildings....maybe in red? as following:

3dbuildings_kml2.png

My workflow is rendering the .kml 3d objects in mTransformer and then load it into Geospatial Portal for visualization.

i can not find any coloring option in mTransformer for the roofs (DSM).

Any help?

Kind regards

Phil

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: mTransformer - coloring rooftops

Bump

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hello Philippe,

This is currently not an option from within mTransformer when creating 3D objects (buildings)

Typically an ortho photo would drape the 3D objects giving them texture. No ability to color rooftops at this time.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I can think up one, not a nice option - edit the KML/KMZ files giving them the proper color shading on the rooftops. However I can't tell if this can be done in bulk easily.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Yes, the style for the feature is taken from the kml file so it will be possible to manually set there.

mTransformer doesn't take care of this currently for the user and there will be other things to consider as Jan mentions.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for the answers...

I knew there must be an option by adjusting the .KML File, but I am kind of lost when opening the file and try editing...