Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

COMException, error from HRESULT while working with GeoMedia WebMap

by on ‎11-28-2016 05:02 AM - edited on ‎04-13-2017 04:21 AM by Technical Evangelist (2,309 Views)

Question

Sometimes I'm presented with an error message saying something along the lines of:

[COMException (0x800a0bcd): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0BCD]
... long stacktrace continues...

And no human readable description to help me in my diagnosis. What does the HRESULT code mean?

Answer

Sometimes the thrown error does not contain a human readable descriptions, and sometimes the description is lost in translation (e.g. when .NET transforms a HRESULT status code into a proper Exception object). Below is a table with most common of the possible HRESULT values with their symbolic representation:

HRESULT Symbol Description
0x8004001F GF_HE_OUT_OF_MEMORY An out of memory condition while using the GeoMedia engine ensued. You might want to revise your Map Server memory usage thresholds for more aggressive Map Server recycles.
0x80040133 GDO_HE_InvalidObject This happens most of the time when the library connection is broken, or the data therein are corrupted. Specifically, the library part of the WebMap Publisher metadata might exhibit such behavior and a republishing is needed for the specific service source.
0x80040638 GM_HE_INVALID_GRECORDSET A connection failure occurred when trying to access the features inside a recordset. Sometimes this also happens when you publish a legend to the WebMap Publisher metadata which contains features incompatible with the service source type or its usage.

0x800403A9
0x80040B76
0x80040B76
0x80040BD3
0x80040BD9
0x80040BEB
0x80040D2A
0x80040F97

GMST_HE_FILEACCESSDENIED
GMSS_HE_FILEACCESSDENIED
GMST_HE_FILEACCESSDENIED
GF_HE_PermissionDenied
GF_HE_AccessDenied
GF_HE_FileAccessDenied
GF_HE_DDLPermissionDenied
ADO_HE_MFCACCESSDENIED
These are all some kind of permission problem encountered.

0x8004045D

GWM_HE_IMAGETYPE An invalid image type has been passed to the WebMap API

0x80040BCD

GF_HE_NoCurrentRecord The recordset is not set to a valid row. This mostly happens when the recordset is empty, and the logic tried to examined its contents without establishing whether it contains anything. In WebMap this happens for example when you try to access an empty Service Source to which no data has been published yet.

0x80040E3A

GWM_HE_NO_AUTOSCALE No autoscale object has been set prior to calling the CreateMapByRange of WebMap API

0x80040FBD

GWM_HE_NO_CACHE The cache folder has not been set or is invalid. Rerun the GeoMedia WebMap Configuration Wizard and configure it on the appropriate page, or use the Geospatial Server Administration Console to set it in the GeoMedia WebMap/Settings option.

0xA07B0001

GWM_E_MAPSVRMNGR_TIMEOUT The request for a free Map Server expired in the Map Server Manager.

0xA07B0002

GWM_E_MAPSVRMNGR_NOTREADY The request for a free Map Server arrived at the Map Server Manager when it was still not ready to process it.
0xA07B0003 GWM_E_MAPSVRMNGR_REJECTED The request for a free Map Server was rejected by the Map Server Manager. Possibly due to the request queue being full.

The full list is attached as an excel file.

Armed with the list and a detailed log file of WebMap and/or its services makes it easier to pinpoint the exact problem.

Comments
by
on ‎04-13-2018 02:14 AM

Is it possilbe to get all GeoMedia exceptions (their HRESULT, symbol and description)?

by
on ‎04-13-2018 02:38 AM

Do you mean the zip file attached to the article with the full list is insufficient for you? The link should be visible to you at the very end of the article.

by
on ‎04-13-2018 02:50 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer. The zipped file is visible for me and I am able to see all exceptions from this file. I am working on functional attribute validation and try to solve position of the error.

by
on ‎11-20-2019 01:13 PM
Hi, I got this on Geomedia WebMap 2020, in a server farm (2 nodes). When I tried to show getcapabilities after instance setup. All workflow in Geomedia Desktop and AdminConsole. HRESULT: 0x800A0005, What this mean?