Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Configuration of the measurement tool readout units in Geospatial Portal

by Technical Evangelist on ‎04-21-2016 07:41 AM (1,111 Views)

Question

is it possible to configure the measurement tool readout in a Geospatial Portal instance?

Answer

Although there are some base units in Metric and Imperial that are required, this measurement tool is configurable in the web.config of a Geospatial Portal instance.

By opening the web.config found in (default location) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\yourinstance\ using a text editor program the changes can be made. This is covered in the 'Settings connected with client user interface and it's behaviour' section of that file. Here it will explain what is configurable and what is required.

Please see attached for screen shot of desription section and configurable section.

Comments
by
on ‎11-17-2016 07:43 AM

The problem is when you try to add ft and ft2 I still get yd and yd2. Even though in 'Settings connected with client user interface and it's behaviour' section of that file states that ft and ft2 will  be used if configured. 

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎11-21-2016 04:47 AM

Andyw1969

The web.config of the Portal (Geospatial or WebMap Publisher) is to be modified as per the comment therein.
I've set systemOfMeasurement to ‘imperial’ and added ‘ft, ft2’ to enabledUnits.

Web.config comment on this:

Base units that cannot be disabled are m, m2 and yd, yd2 for metric and imperial unit system respectively. If units ft, ft2 are defined they are used instead of yd, yd2.

enabledUnits ( *I have added ft, ft2):
enabledUnits="m, km, ft, yd, mi, m2, km2, yd2, ft2, mi2, are, ha, acre"

I tested it this morning and it is working well for me. It may be the version you are using. This was an enhancement brought along in v15 EP 05. One way to check is the inclusion of the comment "If units ft, ft2 are defined they are used instead of yd, yd2." if the web.config does not include this statement it is a version to which it is not implemented and an upgrade is needed.

If all this checks out on your end and the issue persists please do log a support request for further investigation.

by
on ‎11-21-2016 07:45 AM

My Web.config does not have the line "If units ft, ft2 are defined they are used instead of yd, yd2."

However, I'm running v16 is there an update that fixes it?

Thanks,

Andy

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎11-22-2016 09:31 AM

Andy,

Yes it is to be included in v16 ep01 which is due to release in the next couple of weeks. It was previously available as a patch fix to v15 EP05 and is included now in v15 ep06. In the meantime you may wish to log a support request to see if a patch fix is available for v16 or await the EP 01 release forthcoming.

Contributors