Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS Q&A

WebGIS enables powerful geospatial web applications and services that securely share your organization’s rich geospatial data, and provides tools to deeply examine spatial data and create value added products, on demand.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Consumer Portal search Database connection string structure

by Moderator on ‎02-26-2016 05:38 PM - edited on ‎04-13-2017 06:50 AM by Technical Evangelist (769 Views)

Question

What is the structure of the Consumer Portal search Oracle Database connection string?

Answer

SERVER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=your_host)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=your_oracle_service_name)));uid=your_username;pwd=your_password;
Please note that the search is only currently supported in Oracle therefore Oracle client has to be installed on the server.

Comments
by DUC2018
on ‎11-16-2016 07:06 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new member studying the consumer Portal. So I don't know how to configure the consumer Portal search Database connection string for Microsoft SQL Server.Pls help me

many thanks

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎08-19-2019 04:35 AM

Hi, there's only Oracle searcher included in the standard product. Other databases can be added via SDK. An example imlpementation of PostGIS searcher can be found here:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/PostGIS-Custom-Searcher-for-Consumer-Porta...