Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS Q&A

WebGIS enables powerful geospatial web applications and services that securely share your organization’s rich geospatial data, and provides tools to deeply examine spatial data and create value added products, on demand.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

GeoMedia WebMap Configuration Wizard does not run

by sclow on ‎02-03-2016 08:54 AM - edited on ‎04-13-2017 07:00 AM by Technical Evangelist (479 Views)

Symptoms

After a successful install of GeoMedia WebMap 2015 the Configuration Wizard which is the final step in the installation procedure does not come up. Additionally, when the user selects the GeoMedia WebMap Configuration Wizard from the programs menu nothing happens and the GUI never comes up.

Diagnosis

Without IIS installed the GeoMedia WebMap Configuration Wizard will not run and  does not necessarily provide a message indicating that IIS is not currently installed.

Solution

In cases where the GeoMedia WebMap Configuration Wizard does not come up after product installation or nothing happens when selected from the installed programs menu it is likely the IIS has not been installed on the Server.

To install/activate IIS on the Server please see the Windows IIS help pages and search for your IIS/OS configuration. http://www.iis.net/learn

Comments
by Hal2
on ‎10-26-2018 02:21 PM

I would like to add that I had IIS installed but a default website was not available.  I had to add a default website in order for the Configuration wizard GUI to start.