Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS Q&A

WebGIS enables powerful geospatial web applications and services that securely share your organization’s rich geospatial data, and provides tools to deeply examine spatial data and create value added products, on demand.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting "Provider cannot be found" error while trying to define Oracle based service source in SSCU

by fmak on ‎02-27-2016 03:45 PM - edited on ‎04-13-2017 07:05 AM by Technical Evangelist (424 Views)

Symptoms

Getting "Provider cannot be found" error while trying to define Oracle based service source in Service Source Configuration Utility

Diagnosis

When trying to connect to Oracle for the Publisher service source in Service Source Configuration Utility, I get an error saying the Provider cannot be found, and may not be properly installed. I know Oracle is working since I have a GeoMedia geoworkspace displaying features from this Oracle database.

Solution

Under the Metadata Connection Details screen of the New Service Source Wizard, select ‘Microsoft’ as Provider instead of the default option ‘Oracle’.

Contributors