Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS Q&A

WebGIS enables powerful geospatial web applications and services that securely share your organization’s rich geospatial data, and provides tools to deeply examine spatial data and create value added products, on demand.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WMS/WFS service error - Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.IdentityModel.

by fmak on ‎06-06-2016 04:27 PM - edited on ‎04-21-2017 04:58 AM by Technical Evangelist (536 Views)

Description

I am trying to get my WebMap 2013 configured.  I have created a WFS service and setup my new instance from the command console.  When I run the getcapabilities from there I get this error.  My server is WindowsServer 2008.  Any ideas?

Server Error in '/WFSomsportal' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for microsoft.identityModel: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 14:       <section name="WFSBasicOriginatingPipe" type="Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WFS.Pipes.WFSBasicOriginatingPipe.WFSBasicOriginatingPipeConfiguration, Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WFS.Pipes.WFSBasicOriginatingPipe" />

Line 15:     </sectionGroup>

Line 16:     <section name="microsoft.identityModel" type="Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.MicrosoftIdentityModelSection, Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

Line 17:   </configSections>

Line 18:   <appSettings>

Source File: C:\Intergraph\Services\Instances\WFSomsportal\web.config Line: 16

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Solution 

Windows Identity Foundation version 3.5 is missing, download and install WIF 3.5 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=eb9c345f-e830-40b8-a5fe-ae7a864c4d76

Contributors