Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WMS/WFS service error - Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.IdentityModel.

by Technical Evangelist on ‎06-06-2016 04:27 PM - edited on ‎04-21-2017 04:58 AM by Technical Evangelist (605 Views)

Description

I am trying to get my WebMap 2013 configured.  I have created a WFS service and setup my new instance from the command console.  When I run the getcapabilities from there I get this error.  My server is WindowsServer 2008.  Any ideas?

Server Error in '/WFSomsportal' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred creating the configuration section handler for microsoft.identityModel: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error: 

Line 14:       <section name="WFSBasicOriginatingPipe" type="Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WFS.Pipes.WFSBasicOriginatingPipe.WFSBasicOriginatingPipeConfiguration, Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WFS.Pipes.WFSBasicOriginatingPipe" />

Line 15:     </sectionGroup>

Line 16:     <section name="microsoft.identityModel" type="Microsoft.IdentityModel.Configuration.MicrosoftIdentityModelSection, Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />

Line 17:   </configSections>

Line 18:   <appSettings>

Source File: C:\Intergraph\Services\Instances\WFSomsportal\web.config Line: 16

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Solution 

Windows Identity Foundation version 3.5 is missing, download and install WIF 3.5 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=eb9c345f-e830-40b8-a5fe-ae7a864c4d76

Contributors