Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Admin Console - cannot access to a specific istance

Dear all,

we have a demo server with APOLLO 2015 (build 714). Since a few days it is not possible to access (modify) a specific istance in the Admin Console. I am not so expert it managing "admin console".  What could be the cause of the problem?

Thank you

Regards
Giuseppe M.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Admin Console - cannot access to a specific istance

Hi Giuseppe,

You can check the AdminConsole Service log (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Administration Console Service\log) for detailed error message.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your support Jan

I am attaching the last two logs

The istance that has problem is called "ADR"

Technical Evangelist

The log says

2018-03-26 12:57:33,866 [177] ERROR ErrorHandler [(null)] - The service encountered an unhandled exception
System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client 
authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The authentication header received from the server
was 'Basic realm="gemini"'.
---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

It looks like you have adjusted the authentication settings on the ADR Portal and AdminConsole can no longer instantiate its configuration. One of the solutions could be to temporarily enable Anonymous authentication and then try to configure the ADR application again.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

Hello Jan,

thank you for your analysis and support. I will try 

Regards
Giuseppe  M.

Super Contributor

I modified the setting in IIS, now for the instance we have Anonymous authentication Enabled (only). Then I restarted the server. I cannot yet access to that specific istance. This is the error:

2018-03-30 15:20:20,002 [5] ERROR ErrorHandler [(null)] - The service encountered an unhandled exception
System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[System.ServiceModel.ExceptionDetail]: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. (Fault Detail is equal to An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ----> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\ADR\App_Data\Cache\ADR\Map.css' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.Web.CssCompositor.SaveCss()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.Web.CssCompositor.SetUpCss()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
--- End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace ---
at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Does the Application Pool have a Full Control on the App_Data folder? Similar to this (ADRAppPool likely in your case):
AppPool.png

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much for your support Jan, it seems to me that the Application Pool have a Full Control on the App_Data folder:

adr_01.PNG

adr_02.PNG

Technical Evangelist

To me it seems like this instance had been manually tampered with, somehow. It could be easier to:

1. Back up the instance files, delete it and create a new one with the same name.
    (try to configure in AdminConsole)
  2. Replace the new web.config with the one from backup
  3. Copy App_Data\Maps files, to preserve old stored maps and registered users, if any.

These steps should reveal what's breaking the things.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

Thank you very much Jan!

Just to be sure If I have understood, I have to:

• Create a backup of this folder:
       C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\ADR;

• Go in the Admin Console, delete the ADR istance and create a new one with the same name;
  • Replace the new web.config with the one from backup
  • Copy all the files in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\ADR\App_Data\Maps, 
    from the backup to the new one.

Is it right?

Thank you very much
Regards

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.