Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Consumer Portal Slow

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I create Consumer Portal, but it is slow, if i create Geospatial Portal the performance is good.

I copy the same image in both webpages, and activate Directory Browse, the Consumer Portal image is very slow, and Geospatial Portal image is good.

I am using a Virtual Machine with Geomedia WebMap 2016 and Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bits.

IIS have the same configuration. I don know why Consumer Portal is slow.

Any suggestions?

Re: Consumer Portal Slow

Hello.

Could you please provide more details in regards to the type of imagery being used?

Thanks,

Marc

Contributor

Sure, the image in Consumer Portal "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\CP_SanAndres\resources\layers.png" Copy it to "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\GP_SanAndres\img\layers.png". This only for testing, Geospatial Portal Website load the image in only 28 ms and Consumer Portal Website in 12.27 sec. 

Thanks for advance 

Erik

GeospatialPortal_imagen.png

ConsumerPortalImagen.png

Staff

What is your license path configuration? If you have lots of license files in the node-locked storage location, or the license server you use is responding very slow, it might affect performance of the Consumer Portal.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I cleaned my license folder, and restarted the server, but it is still slow.

In the license folder i have only one license file.

License.png

Staff

I'd still like to pursue the licensing issue, as I can't find any other explanation for such a delay in request serving from CP.

To do that, could you please modify your Consumer Portal instance's web.config so that the log4net section looks like below?

<log4net>
    <appender name="RollingFile" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
        <file value="App_Data\log.log" />
        <appendToFile value="true" />
        <maximumFileSize value="100KB" />
        <maxSizeRollBackups value="2" />

<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
            <conversionPattern value="%date %level %thread %logger - %message%newline" />
        </layout>
    </appender>

<root>
        <level value="DEBUG" />
        <appender-ref ref="RollingFile" />
    </root>
  </log4net>

Notice that in the snippet, I switched the logging level to DEBUG. I also modified the conversionPattern to contain %date. This way we can verify timings.

By default, the Consumer Portal instance is created so that it can't write to the App_data folder, so no log file will get created, unless you either add appropriate permissions to it (write/create to the app pool identity, or temporarily full control for the Users group Smiley Wink), or manipulate the log4net file setting to have a different destination, like C:\Temp or wherever you find fit.

Contributor

Hi, thank you for the reply, these are the results.

Log Results 

(This is my sixth try to do my post in community Smiley Frustrated ) 

And the real webpage loading time (1.2 minutes)

LoadingTime.png

Staff

Great, thanks!

As I suspected, this is a licensing issue. Notice the following:

2016-11-17 12:07:00,597 DEBUG 31 LicenseManager - IsOneOfFeaturesAvailable method run
2016-11-17 12:07:04,609 DEBUG 31 LicenseManager - Is license for Geo_Portal : False
2016-11-17 12:07:08,617 DEBUG 31 LicenseManager - Is license for GWM_A : False
2016-11-17 12:07:12,623 DEBUG 31 LicenseManager - Is license for GWM_E : False
2016-11-17 12:07:12,640 DEBUG 31 LicenseManager - Is license for GWM_P : True

It took the Consumer Portal special files handler 4 seconds to determine that a license for Geo_Portal is not available, the same for WebMap Advantage and Essentials. This is caused by the fact, that the licensing subsystem used contacts the server for the license and if anything fails (possibly because the license is not available due to all being checked out, or not being present at all, it doesn't care) it retries four times with a one second interval each. And the special file handler checks the license for every request, when it shouldn't.

This might be correctable by reconfiguring the machine to not use a license server at all. But, depending on you needs, this could prove inapplicable in your situation (floating GeoMedia licenses, for example). You could try editing C:\ProgramData\Intergraph\Licensing\INGRTS_LICENSE_PATH to remove the server reference from there (or possibly do that from the License Utility GUI, but I have no idea how to that this way, as I'm more of a CLI/file guy Smiley Wink). Otherwise, this qualifies as a software defect and you should contact support to file the appropriate report.

Contributor

Hi, thanks again.

I made the changes and verified the license, but it is still slow, I do not know if the OS language (Spanish) is part of the problem, maybe I need to generate a support report.

If you have any other suggestions to try it is welcome. Smiley Happy

Regards

Erik.

Highlighted
Staff

I'm sure it doesn't matter what your os language is set to, though. My dev box was originally localed to English but then switched to Norsk and I haven't noticed a difference in this regard ;-)

I think you should proceed with filing a support request.
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.