Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Consumer Portal search tool zoom extent

Once a feature is searched and returned, the feature will be marked and fitted to the centre of the screen. However the zoom extent seems to be too large. See screenshot below:

Is it possible to configure the zoom extent to zoom closer to returned feature?

Cheers

Yuan

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer Portal search tool zoom extent

Similar discussion here: http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developer-Discussions/GeoSpatial-Consumer-Portal-results-i...

What is the BBOX size for the features? Can you try to make it smaller?

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Staff

If the bounding box information is available in the returned search results (depends on the configuration and whether this is an Oracle or WMPS search, I believe), the map view will be zoomed in so that the whole bbox is visible.

If the bounding box information is not available, the bounding box is calculated from the point geometry with a hardcoded half-size of BBOX_SIZE = 0.05.

Technical Evangelist

Yes, I forgot about the WMPS. BBOX does not apply here.

BBOX_SIZE = 0.05 ... 0.05 of what? Smiley Happy

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Staff

This is only my educated guess, but it seems the camera position is using EPSG:4326 coords, so it would be 0.05 of a degree.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.