Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Consumer Portal with Secure Web Services

Hi All,

With the current 2018 version of Consumer Portal it is not possible to connect to secured web services (those that require authentication).

Has anyone identified another way of securing web services with a Consumer Portal web application? 

We have a customer already using secure WMS services with Geospatial Portal and they want to setup a Consumer Portal web application to view their sensitive data.

This is operating within an intranet environment.

Any ideas or suggestions on how we could secure the web service data connected to the Consumer Portal web application without having to publish the data via annonymous web services?

Thanks,

Colin

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer Portal with Secure Web Services

Hi Colin,

I've checked this on the Consumer Portal SDK side and it looks like, at least, there's a preparation for a support of secured services. See: https://hgdsupport.hexagongeospatial.com/API/WebGIS/Portal_SDK/16/04_consumer/#!/api/$GP.services, and when you click on "view source" there's this code part:

if (config.authenticationMethod === "username" && ((config.username == null) && (config.password == null))) {
   return this.__fireCallback.fail(errback, null, "Invalid parameter: username and password should be specified for \"username\" authentication method", __logger__);
}

Indicating following parameters for the $GP.services.add{config}:

• authenticationMethod: "username"
  • username: "user"
  • password: "password"

Thus, it looks like SDK is almost prepared for this, but it's not yet implemented - I've failed in my tests. I will try to get more details and reply back in this topic.

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Consumer Portal with Secure Web Services

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

Thanks for looking into this. I am aware this functionality is still under development by the product centre so I'm looking for any suggestions on other methods to secure data connected to a Consumer Portal web application.

If you get anything working I will be interested to try it.

Thanks,

Colin

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.