Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Consumer and proxy

In a customer installation it is necessary to define a proxy for any Geospatial Portal instance. Now he is trying to define a Consumer Portal. He is having problems and I believe that the reason is because there isn't defined the proxy in the web.config. I haven't found where it should be defined netheir if it is really necesary.

TIA. Regards

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer and proxy

Hi Santiago,

Consumer Portal accesses the WMS/WMTS directly without using things like capabilities cache or server backends. That means that it should work fine with the proxy defined in the web browser, because it is the web browser and not the server accessing web services. For the searches the proxy is probably not necessary too as the searcher backends are located on the same server as Consumer.

However if you will have any problems, you can try to define the proxy in web.config, same as it is done on Geospatial Porta.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Staff

Jan is correct in saying the Consumer Portal in itself does not require any proxy configuration on the server-side. There is only very little logic there and no web requests are being done.

The Search Backend, or more precisely "The Backend" is a bit more complex as it not only provides searching capabilities, but acts as a WMS/WMTS/WMPS registration endpoint and makes server-side originating web requests. Those are e.g. for fetching the capabilities documents, but may also be done when any request proxying need is encountered (for example, due to missing CORS headers). As such you'd need to configure your HTTP proxy there. Fortunately, this is a simple .NET Web App, and all the usual .NET proxy configuration applies. As Jan suggested - you can lift the configuration from an ordinary Geospatial Portal Web.Config file, it actually mentions an MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kd3cf2ex.aspx).

Contributor

Thanks you, I have tried to define the proxy but it didn't worked.

I will investigate more what is sending and what it receiving.

Contributor

Thanks you. I will send more details if I am avalaible to find them.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Santiago,

With respect to what hbm said, you should also set the proxy in web.config of the backend which is used by Consumer Portal:

Untitled.png

You can also watch the activity in Developer tools > Network tab in web browser + with Fiddler to catch all requests and see why they failed.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.