Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Consumer portal search issue

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I have set up consumer portal instance and predefined one serch item, but there is problem with search.

I am searching parcels feature class for whole country and because of that I created field consisting of parcel nuber and cadastral municipality

(for example "252/1 SEOCA").

When I try to search parcel with some small number there is problem that result is not displayed in the list.

List shows first 25 results and parcels that I type is not on the list.

For example, if I search for parcel 2 in cadastral municipality SEOCA and type "2 SEOCA" there are 25 results, which include this text, but there are no exactly this parcel. (see attached image).

Is there any way to put in first place result that starts wit exactly what I typed?

Regards,

Mladen2seoca.png

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer portal search issue

Hi Mladen,

This is a limitation of the searcher. It uses simple matching with LIKE '%term%' + standard order used by the underlying database. For Oracle and WMPS searches it is not possible to define search results order.

One work-around I can think of is using a view that would've the table sorted by the search field. In that case, I belive you'd see the "2 SEOCA" at the first place. Please note, that the views are not detected by the search configuration, so you need to use the original table, and then just change the search configuration manually in C:\ProgramData\Search\Search.config.

Hope this helps.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Hi Jan,

I am using WMPS search. Is it possible to define search based on view using WMPS.

Regards,

Mladen

Technical Evangelist

Hi Mladen,

Yes, simply create the view, update metadata using DB Utilities and it will be usable. Remember to clear ...\AdminInstances\BackendWMPS\cache folder, restart WebMap, WWW service and perhaps Temporary ASP.NET Files too. Then redefine the search in AdminConsole.

Here are my results for WMPS set over SQL Server (first image is with plain Cities table):

Untitled.png

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Dear Jan,

Thanks a lot. Now it is OK.

I have one more question.

I am searching in point feature class. Is there any way to predefine yoom level after selecting feature in search list and/or to higlight selected feture from search list.

Best regards,

Mladen

Technical Evangelist

The results BBOX parameters are usually set when you use database search, but I don't think it's possible with WMPS.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Thanks for the reply Jan.

I can try to prepare table in oracle for the search the data.

My data is in UTM EPSG32634. Can I use that data in that EPSG because if my map in consumer is in EPSG3857

Regards,

Mladen

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

The Oracle searcher does not use any geometry information, it rather requires numeric columns with Lat/Lon (WGS84) and search result BBOX corners informations.

Therefore, you either must create a VIEW that will do the required calculations on the DB side, or you need to create a new table e.g. with GeoMedia.

Please see this article with the PostGIS searcher where you'll find how are these values calculated on the PostGIS side. Oracle should be similar.

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/PostGIS-Custom-Searcher-for-Consumer-Porta...

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Thanks.

If I use WMPS search, could I somehow define default zoom when select feature from the list. Also, is it posible to highliht pin (show yelow pin instead of red) for selected feature.

Regards,

Mladen

Technical Evangelist

I think we're getting into a loop Smiley Happy

The first question was asked already above: https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS/Consumer-portal-search-issue/m-p/33863#M2164

For the pins highlighting - I think it's not possible

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.