Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Create WFS with more than one supported SRS

Hello,

Is it possible to create a WFS with more than one supported SRS?

When I configure the service source in WebMap Publisher Administrator I also add a second SRS in the settings tab. Then I publish the  metadata and configure the instance. The resulting WFS supports only the original (default) SRS and indeed in the CSF directory of the instance there is only one csf file. There are no error messages.

Please help!

Technical Evangelist

Re: Create WFS with more than one supported SRS

Hi Zdravko,

you should not re-publish the metadata. Just add the other coordinate systems you want, click apply and then close the WebPublisher Administrator. It should be saved automatically. Once you click "Publish the gws content to metadata", everything is overwritten with the default settings.

Pavel

Contributor

Thank you very much Pavel.

I was somehow thinking that the supported coordinate systems are part of the metadata

Best Regards,

Zdravko

Technical Evangelist

Hi Zdravko,

they ARE part of metadata, however, they are saved immediately after you click the OK or Apply button on the "Settings > SRS" dialog. And if you later click the "Publish the geoworkspace content to metadata", this information is overwritten and the only SRS left in metadata is the default one.

Pavel

Staff

Zdravko,

What Pavel is mentioning is correct, this topic is covered in the product documentation.

Additionally, here is a good article that explains further what Pavel has advised.

HTH

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS-Q-A/Do-not-use-Publish-the-GeoWorkspace-contents-to...

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.