09-04-2019 11:13 PM
I have some spatial data in Oracle XE 11g database. I am using GeoMedia WebMap 2016 to create WMS and WFS services for the same data source. WMS services are working absolutely fine in portal. But WFS or WMPS service returning no resource available. However, the USSample is also showing the same error.
09-05-2019 11:45 AM
Are you running WebMap Essential or Adv/Pro ?
Are you running the latest 2016 update ? Why not v2018 ?
Configuration Wizard does not return any error regarding OS/IIS components missing ?
Is this a new server (what OS is that?) ? And new WebMap installation ?
09-05-2019 11:25 PM
Thanks for replying!
1) Are you running WebMap Essential or Adv/Pro ? - Webmap Advantage
2) Are you running the latest 2016 update ? Why not v2018 ? - No it's the base version of 2016. It is an existing installation. I think I will apply the 16.4 update
3) Configuration Wizard does not return any error regarding OS/IIS components missing ? - Hmm, can you share the location of configuration wizards log. The installation was done long back.
4) Is this a new server (what OS is that?) ? And new WebMap installation ? - Windows Server 2008 R2 and it's an old installation. But, the services from it were not tested.
09-09-2019 09:44 AM
GWMConfigWizard.log can be found in "C:\Users\<installed-user>\AppData\Local\Temp" or you can do a search on local drives for such file name.
Windows 2008 R2 Please make sure all the Windows Updates are intalled and please make sure the latest 16.4 update is installed.
09-09-2019 11:53 PM - edited 09-09-2019 11:59 PM
Thanks for your help! There were two error 404 and 500. The issue stands resolved after troubleshooting. I will share the steps, that I followed:
a) I tried the configuration test option available in the Administration Console. The test failed. It suggested the installation might have corrupted. So, I reinstalled the GWM and reconfigured keeping the Adminstration Console site unchanged (didn't recreate). Before hand, deleted all the W3WP processes and stopped GeoMedia WebMap and capabilities services.
After, following this step the WMPS service started working on access database and checked it through USSample Data.
However, another problem arised. Client had data in Oracle 10 g, so they wanted to verify the same on Oracle. When, publishing the data again error appeared; no layers were available in Analysis window after adding WMPS service. So, to check the issue I initialized the service from Service Source Configuration Utility. It dispayed an error Exception 0x8004100F PreloadMapServers: The GSO Object Oracle ORW.GDatabase is not registered correctly. Please reinstall the application to get proper registeration.
b) Already Oracle Client was successfully installed on the system. So, I repaired the GeoMedia WebMap installation once more and reconfigured; after stopping the GeoMedia WebMap and Capabilities service.
Result: the WMPS started working fine. Also, after facing the issue, I had asked the client to increase the C Drive space, as earlier it was reaching it's end.
Thanks and Regards!
09-10-2019 09:34 AM
Glad to hear that it is all working fine for you, for future reference, here is an excellent posting on fixing a corrupted WebMap installation: