Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

Error in WebMap WFS

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

Our client is using WebMap 16.3. They have some WebMap WFS services. One of them is suddenly not working and in the event viewer we see the error message below:

2018-04-20 14_59_35-ccowtspi01 - Remote Desktop Connection - __Remote.png

The error message is quite clear that there is some thing wrong with the legend entries. However, when we load the service source to GeoMedia and check all legend entries, all of them are displaying fine. However, when we try to republish that workspace into a fresh service source, it keeps displaying the error below for each legend entry in the workspace.  

2018-04-20 15_06_41-Inbox - bob.pham@hexagonsi.com - Outlook.png

We really run of ideas on how to investigate. Our last resort is to re-build the workspace from the scratch and it is very time-consuming. The risk is that this problem can occurr again, so it will be great if we can find the cause of this.

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas on this problem

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error in WebMap WFS

Hi Bob,

there are couple of things to try.

1. you can create a new blank geoworkspace, connect to you WFS service source and populate the workspace from metadata. You will see wether GeoMedia gives you more detailed error message.
  2. you can create new library and output your old geoworkspace to the library. Then create a new gws and load the data from the library. This may help to clean the geoworkspace.

Pavel

Super Contributor

Hi Pavel,

I just tried, creating a new blank workspace, connect to my WFS service and populate the workspace from the metadata. There is no error displaying. I also check each legend entry and all of them are fine.

I create a library and output the current workspace to the library, also no error displaying. Then I start with a fresh geoworkspace, load the data from the library and publish it to the service source and the error of building legend entries displaying again.

2018-04-20 15_06_41-Inbox - bob.pham@hexagonsi.com - Outlook.png

You mention this approach could clean the geoworkspace. Would you mind explaining a little more?

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

what happens if you create a new WFS service source and try to publish your gws into this new source?

Pavel

Super Contributor

HI Pavel,

If I create a new WFS service source and try to publish, it shows the same building legend entry error.

Kind regards 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

in this case I think the best would be if you create a support ticket and provide your data.

Pavel

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.