Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fancy Tooltips example and wc_map_layer_red_pin class name

[ Edited ]

I am experimenting with the example in Section 5.0 Pin Layer named Fancy Tooltips

I can run this example sucessfully on a machine where i have Geospatial Portal installed.

On another machine, I have only GeoMedia Webmap.and the SDK and  I can't start from webpage examples.aspx because i get a missing license message. (not a Hexagon license) but i put the code for the Fancy Tooltips in my Visual Studio project and changed it just slightly to use a feature from my GeoMedia Publisher project.  

The code works sucessfully in that when i hover near a feature i get the nice tool tip display of attribute information.

The pins themselves are not displaying.  

If i change the addToLegend: false to addToLegend: true

then i display points in the proper locations.

I am wondering if my project doesn't have access to the class names wc_map_layer_green_pin and wc_map_layer_red_pin

Where are the definitions for these classes located? I tried searching for them and can't find them.  I did find the png  pin images. in the /img folder.

EDIT by jan.neumann: Locking this topic as the duplicate is present in Developer Discussion:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developer-Discussions/Fancy-Tooltips-example-and-wc-map-la...

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.