Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Featureinfo tool-tip masks main Geospatial Portal interface

Hi,

I have some concern about the default featureinfo tootip in Geospatial Portal 2018...

1. As shown in the screenshot below, the featureinfo tootip/control masks the main UI making it impossible to interact with the features on map.(maybe there is a setting somewhere to change this behaviour, someone let me know)
  2. Am not sure if this is a desireable design since it does not even show which feature has been clicked. (i want a pointer to the clicked item on map)
  3. The featureinfo tooltip in Consumer portal is more user friendly and should be emulated in Geospatial portal.

ui masking.png

I also have a strong feeling the Geospatial portal and all it's templates need fresh breadth of modern UI life. Either update to latest ExtJS versions or drop ExtJS and embrace more flexible, modern and mainstream UI frameworks. I understand some of these can be done by ourselves using the SDK but i have to admit it's a tedious process that complicates change management and/or software updates.

Regards,

Elvis

Technical Evangelist

Re: Featureinfo tool-tip masks main Geospatial Portal interface

[ Edited ]

Hi Elvis,

Since all of your concerns are rather ideas, I'd suggest you to create Product Idea(s) on the topics mentioned. All that you described above work as designed.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.