Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

GPW in one remote location for 5 servers in NLB cluster

Hi there,

We have an NLB cluster in the customer's environment consisting of 5 webmap + portal servers. We were faced with the issue of creating one place for configuration files for these 5 servers. We would like to set up the startup composition (GPW) only in one remote location with access from each of the mentioned servers.

Example scenario:

1. I log on to one of 5 servers,
2. I create a mapping composition in Administration Portal,
3. I send the GPW file to the selected portal instance creating the starting composition.
4. Each of the 5 servers has access to the confuguration file and the maps and geoworkspace directories.

Is it possible? And if so, what do we have to do? What would the configuration look like (web.configs another configuration files)?

What would the issue of access to files look like? Would it have a significant impact on the performance of such a solution?

RGDS,

Pawel

Paweł Kucharek
Konsultant/Consultant GIS
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GPW in one remote location for 5 servers in NLB cluster

Hi Pawel,

Please start by reviewing this documentation part:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/mTU~cgWbwQvAN0vZ2~kvMw/2DqYAmFaQYVkFh_3SwAz9w

Then I suggest to check this topic which contains some valuable information from 'the field':

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS/Configure-ASP-NET-state-server-for-Geospatial-Port...

- The bug mentioned regarding the ASP.NET State Server is fixed in both 2016 and 2018 releases.

- Regarding the file URI issue - this can be worked around by manually changing the GPW uri, or using a mapped drive (instead of UNC path) in the mapStorageFolder attribute for AdminPortal's and each Portal instance's

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.