Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

GeoMedia Publisher Administrator 2016 - creating service source with meta data base on oracle 11g

Hi,

I am trying to create a service source in GeoMedia Publisher Administrator for a WMS service.

I am shoosing an Oracle as meta data base - this is a custommer requirment. When trying to test connection to my Orcale schema I have following error:

An error occured attaempting to connect to the specified database. Check your database connection parameters.

Error details:

Source:ADODB.Connection

Number:0xE7A.

It was no problem to connect to this oracle schema by GeoMedia Desktop, SQL Developper or sqlplus.

This was tested on two machines with GWM 2016 installed. One with WIN Server 2008 R2 and second with WIN Server 2012 and on different Oracle 11 g Servers.

Best regards.

Staff

Re: GeoMedia Publisher Administrator 2016 - creating service source with meta data base on oracle 11

If I'm not mistaken, the 0xE7A error code is trying to tell you that the connection string of an ADO connection references an unavailable provider type.

The WebMap Publisher components make use of OraOLEDB.Oracle ADODB provider. Here's a link to get you started: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12903366/oraoledb-oracle-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-local-...

KD
New Contributor

Re: GeoMedia Publisher Administrator 2016 - creating service source with meta data base on oracle 11

I have registered OraOLEDB11.dll and now I can chose Oracle provider. Thanks.

Now I have another problem. I created Service Source (data type Oracle), published data to the Service Source, created WMS-instance. When try GetCapabilities I have error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x80040133

[COMException (0x80040133): Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x80040133]

Intergraph.GeoMedia.WebServices.Support.IGWMWSGenerateMapSupport.LayerInfo(Object LayerNames, Object MapServer) +0

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WMS.Pipes.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.GetDataSourceConfiguration(GWMServerHandle gwmServerHandle, GWMWSGenerateMapSupport& objGenerateMapSupport) +732

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WMS.Pipes.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.InitializeDataSourceConfiguration() +66

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.WMS.Pipes.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.WMSBasicOriginatingPipe.Initialize(PipeConfiguration config, IPipe nextPipe) +432

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.BasePipe.PipesConfiguration.PipesManager.InitializePipe(String processedPipeName, IDictionary`2 sectionsMap, IDictionary`2 startedPipesSet, IDictionary`2 nextPipesMapping) +1269

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.BasePipe.PipesConfiguration.PipesManager.InitializePipe(String processedPipeName, IDictionary`2 sectionsMap, IDictionary`2 startedPipesSet, IDictionary`2 nextPipesMapping) +1165

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.BasePipe.PipesConfiguration.PipesManager.CreatePipes(ConfigurationSectionCollection sections) +1426

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.SDIProFacadeInterface.WebPipesManager.CreatePipes() +415

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.SDIProFacadeInterface.ConfigurationManager.CreatePipesManager() +758

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.SDIProFacadeInterface.ConfigurationManager.Initialize(Uri serviceHostBaseAddress, ServiceEndpointCollection serviceEndpoints) +2179

Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.SDIProFacadeInterface.SDIProServiceBehaviorAttribute.Validate(ServiceDescription serviceDescription, ServiceHostBase serviceHostBase) +93

System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.ValidateDescription(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost) +281

System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.InitializeServiceHost(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost) +137

System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime() +93

System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) +48

System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) +347

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(ServiceActivationInfo serviceActivationInfo, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +130

System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity) +738

[ServiceActivationException: Nie można aktywować usługi „/ADMIN/Service.svc”, ponieważ wystąpił wyjątek podczas kompilacji. Komunikat dotyczący wyjątku: Wyjątek od HRESULT: 0x80040133.]

System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +604003

System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +238

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.OnAsyncHandlerCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +178

Highlighted
Staff

Unfortunately the HRESULT code is a catch all phrase meaning "Invalid Object" in GeoMedia world. There might be something of interest in a detailed GWMLog from such an occurrence. Sometimes simply republishing the service source will help Smiley Happy

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.