Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

GeoMedia WebMap Publisher Portal data not visible externally

Hello,

I have created a WebMap Publisher Portal with some feature datasets. However, when I view the data on my internal network, I can see the feature datasets. However, when I try to view the data on an external network or on a mobile device, the feature datasets are not visible. The legend item just has a spinning icon as if it is thinking about displaying the features.

What can be the issue and how can it be resolved?

Thanks.

Re: GeoMedia WebMap Publisher Portal data not visible externally

Hello Renee.

The 1st test I would do is copy a .png into the GWMCache on the WebMap server.

Are you able to access and the display the .png in your browser?

If no then Portal cannot reach the maps to display them.

You will need to determine the reason as to why and start looking at it from a network perspective.

Can you browser reach the WebMap server? That is can it resolve the host name of the server?

If yes, then what account is be used to connect to IIS on your WebMap server and does it have permissions to access the GWMCache directory.

Hope that provides a start to your trouble shooting.

Thank You,

Marc

New Contributor

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your feedback. Below are my results of your suggested tests:

1. The GWMCache folder has the .pngs of the GeoMedia WebMap Publisher Portal data.
  2. When viewing in the browser via the VM, I can access and display the .pngs. Outside of the VM, I am unable to access and display the .png.
  3. The browsers (outside of VM) can reach the WebMap server and the WMS image data (served via APOLLO) is displayed. The WebMap Publisher Portal data is not displayed.
  4. The account used to connect to IIS on WebMap server is the Administrator and this account has full access permissions to the GWMCache directory.

hbm
Staff

Check your Root URL setting in the Administration Console, rbabb:

2017-03-28 11_06_30-Clipboard.png

The hostname in this URL should be reflecting your externally visible hostname.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Many thanks hbm. This worked externally.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.