Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geomedia Webmap 2018 Update 1 Slow

Hi Everyone,

We upgraded from Webmap 16.2 to 2018 Update 1.

It seems to be extremly slow 8 out of the 10 times when loading geospatial portals.

Sometimes the portals never completly load,also seems like sometimes one would have to close the browser completly before trying to open an geospatial portal agian.

Also looks like some of the services register in the portal gets lost , especially webmap publisher services (WMPS).

There is no errors in webmap logs nor in gespatial portal logs.

Anybody maybe came accross an issue like this?

FYI, also seems like gemedia webmap cannot be installed on the same machine as geomedia desktop anymore , after webmap installations Desktop will not load anymore.

Regards

Jacques

Contributor

Re: Geomedia Webmap 2018 Update 1 Slow

Hi Jacques,

You are getting some problems we already got earlier this year. Regarding portal the big problem is WMPS (before update 1 we had problems also with new licensing validation), in every capabilities request (portal initialization) it is doing GetFeatureClassInfo that takes around 2~5 seconds per each table available in the connection(s) you have in WMPS. I opened a ticket with GSP and they managed to develop a fix that should be available in the next patch/release.

Regarding GeoMedia Desktop please see if this thread helps:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-WebGIS/GeoMedia-WebMap-2018-update-1-compatibility...

Regards,

Bruno Santos

Regular Contributor

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the reply.

So I spend all this time upgrading all servers so 18 update 1 including Portal SDK.

So what is my options?Because even with no WMPS service registered the system is slow , admin console etc...

Should I go back to version 16.2?

Regards

Jacques

Contributor

Hi Jacques,

I would like to make clear that I am not a GSP collaborator. 

Sharing my experience, I had to reverse to previous versions in several customers to prevent bigger damages.

What I have done was make a ticket in GSP support and escalate it. Do this before reverse anything to see if GSP support can help you and minimize costs/side effects.

Regards,

Bruno Santos

Regular Contributor

Hi Bruno,

Sorry about my response , was out of frustration and not directed at you.

I will do as you sugggested.

I was running all packages on 16.2 the main drive for the upgrade was to get printing working correctly.

Printing worked more or less on 16.2 but could not print some features and backrops like google etc.

Do you know of this was soted in 16.4?

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

You may check the licerr.txt file. We had similar problem with one installation, opened a ticket and at the end we detected that based on server secutirty settings we require a 16.5 offline license, the default is not offline. I insisted to HGD that this was so critical and a documentation may be provided since this took an investigation of more than a month with our customer , just we were the first case with secutiry settings that don't allow new license 16.5 to work on server. Your simptons are very similar. In our case after a IIS reset any Getcpabilities and start of geoportal used about 30 or 40 second with a reconnect instruction with license system, even the license is nodelocked it is doing some checking I don't know exactly where. I have not checked but I think this may be documented somewhere.

I hope this helps and identifies your problem, you can attach the licerr.txt and I may be able to see if the problem is the same.

Contributor

Hi Jaques,

Its ok I understand you.

I cannot help you on printing as we use a custom print plugin because we could not rely in standard printing a few versions ago. It has some limitations but do what our customers need.

Fill ticket for that also to see if GSP support can help, or has some recommendation.

Regards,

Bruno

Regular Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the info , we will open a ticket and take it from there.

@jfornons Where do I find the licerr file?

Have searched the machine, is this a log service that I have to enable ?

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi Jacques,

Printing issues from earlier 16.0 versions has been resolved in 16.4 and 16.5 (2018)

Sounds like you have/had GeoMedia 2018 on the same machine, please see if this thread helps:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-WebGIS/GeoMedia-WebMap-2018-update-1-compatibility...

Regards,

Frank

Staff

Jacques,

You have to create an empty file c:\temp\licerr.txt 

Do an IISRESET and start operations like getcapabilities to services o portal instances. 

Attach here and will check if the problem is the same.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.