Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
mp
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geospatial Portal App URL scheme

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is it possible to use URL scheme to open Geospatial Portal App and have it use the scheme parameters to pan/zoom to a specific location?

We have a customer that is considering using Geospatial Portal App and being able to open it on specific location is a requirement. If this is not possible out of the box in Geospatial Portal App, can this be done in using Mobile SDK - and if so, how?

Also, where do we find the Geospatial Portal App documentation? We can't seem to find it on fluidtopics and it does not seem to be mentioned in the documentation for Geospatial Portal 16 either.

Please advice. Thank you.

mp
Contributor

Re: Geospatial Portal App URL scheme

We need to be sure that we can meet the customer needs:

1. Start Geospatial Portal app from another app via URL scheme.
  2. Passing a location parameter via URL scheme, for Geospatial Portal to zoom/pan to this location (same map, same data, different location every time Geospatial Portal app is opened to view the data).
  3. Do not want to reconfigure config-URL every time they open Geospatial Portal app, in order to show different locations and do not want to switch manually between locations and maps.
Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi 

Please check my answers:

For today:

1. This is possible in MMW Essentials. We don't have SDK template for Geospatial Portal App.
  2. This is also possible in MMW Essentials not in Geospatial Portal App (the same reason as above)
  3. I am not sure what do you mean here? Do you want to enter config URL, give credentials and always have configuration available (without giving credentials all the time) or are you thinking about different workflow?

Best Regards

Dominik

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Mikkel,

Something can be partially done using predefined Maps and/or Workspaces.

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/book#!book;uri=acaed0d6c3b58b03795409dac9a67f5d;breadcrumb...

Otherwise you will need customized solution using Portal SDK:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developer-Discussions/zoom-to-bounding-box-url-for-SDK-FAI...

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

mp
Contributor

Hi Jan,

But we would still need to be able to open Geospatial Portal App from another app, passing the coordinate to zoom to. According to Dominik, this is not yet possible.

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Mikkel,

Sorry but I don't understand what is the limitation of my proposed solution?

1. The external application will call Portal URL with the BBOX parameters set
  2. Portal application loads, reads the parameters and changes the location.

Maybe I should provide more accurate link with the solution:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developer-Discussions/zoom-to-bounding-box-url-for-SDK-FAI...

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

mp
Contributor

Hi Jan,

I think I just misread your post slightly. However, we have had it, as you also mentioned in an earlier post, confirmed that GS Portal app, does not utilize url scheme and so cannot do this. Furthermore, it cannot be build using Mobile SDK.

Using your suggestion, would of course be an option and I have already implemented something similar in an Mobile SDK MMW Essentials app. However, displaying GS Portal in a mobile browser (even the mobile layout) performs quite poor and feels sluggish. E.g. it does not currently work with pinch zoom on Windows tablet using Edge (we have logged this as an defect).

I will mark your answer as solution, for future reference for others to find Smiley Happy

Technical Evangelist

Thanks Mikkel. But my bad too I somehow could not understand how does this relate to Mobile SDK until I re-read your first post again Smiley Happy

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.