Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Geospatial Portal Custom Panels/Windows

Hi,

Am interested in implementing custom panels in Geospatial Portal as shown below. Basically having charts integrated to the map. Quite similar to what happens in Smart M.Apps. I would want to do this purely in Javascript by use of EXT JS or Chart.js library.

portal.png

My immediate challenge is adding a custom panel in Geospatial portal. Existing Samples show how to add sidebars and buttons but i can't find one that adds a custom panel or EXT window using javascript.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Geospatial Portal Custom Panels/Windows

The small problem is that ExtJS 2.0 samples are no longer available from official sources, thus you need to look for mirrored version, one example is:

http://docs.huihoo.com/extjs/2.1/examples/samples.html

Typical approach is rather to use ASPX and the ExtJS .NET containers when setting up the page layout. However it might be possible to do it with pure JS too. You need to find proper component name / id that you wish to act as a parent container and then you should be able to work with ExtJS tools.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.