Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geospatial SDI: Custom validation

Hello,

I have compiled a plugin for Geospatial SDI 2018 that is impementing the ICustomValidation interface. I am trying to install this plugin on a server now but can't get it to run.

So far I have installed the assembly (and its resources) in the .NET GAC (MSIL) where all the other SDI assemblies lie and are loaded from. After that I have restarted the system but still the Custom Validation won't work.

Any information on the steps that have to be done in order to install such plugins?

Regards,

Sven

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Geospatial SDI: Custom validation

[ Edited ]

I found that a <CustomValidateAssemblyName> tag has to be set in the configuration of the profile the validation should be run on. I have updated the version number of the assembly to match the one I have installed in the .NET cache

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.