Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geospatial portal PSS print

Hello!

We have an application to draw some Redlines via PSS. With this aplication we are placing some symbols with Webdings font. Is possible to print this symbols?

The symbols are printted, but they are not using the Webdings font. Is there any way that the font symbols are printed or its just impossible?

We are using geospatial portal 16.02 and the networks portal 1.3.0 plugin.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Re: Geospatial portal PSS print

• Which print service are you using (local or external)?
  • Prints are typically created on the server and returned to the client. Does the server have the required fonts installed?
Staff

Are those PSS Points ?

Are you getting the detaulf font (Ariel?) printed instead ?

Could you post some screenshots ?

I tried to change a PSS point's style under generic geospatial portal (i.e. double click the legend icon under Map Content to bring up the Style GUI), I don't see a way to assign point symbol font there....

Occasional Contributor

Hello!

Yes, those are the PSS points that I have created.

This is the condiguration of the PSS, the categories under the PSS and de configuration of the symbol:

Redlines.PNG

We are trying to print with the local and the external services, and in both cases the result is the same. Instead of prining the Webdings font, the Arial letter is printted. The font is installed on the geospatial portal's server, the external printing's server and in the user's machine...

This app comes with the networks portal 1.3 plugin, is not a custom development.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Staff

These are PSS Text with extended attribute (i.e. fonts).

Here is the standard style attribute from the standard Geospatial Portal PSS Text:

PSS_Text.png

The standard Geospatial Portal printservice is not aware of such attribute therefore it will render the text as is (i.e. default as Ariel).

Looks like there is a need for a companion printservice (developed by the Network Portal development team) for the next network portal plugin.

Regards,

Frank

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.