Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to generate Web Feature Services?

Hi all,

I wonder if there is any 'Knowledge & Support' documentation (tutorial or other) regarding on how to publish WFS using Hexagon software.

Thank you.

Contributor

Re: How to generate Web Feature Services?

Hi.

Do you have access to Documentation Portal?

You have all the information that you need related to create, configure and publish web services on that Portal.

BR,

António

Technical Evangelist

Contributor

Hi amarques,

I didn't know this. The https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/ is the Documentation portal. 

Contributor

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer.

It seems there is a good step by step guide but unfortunately I can't find any Publisher Service Source Configuration Utility on my system.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer.

It seems there is a good step by step guide but unfortunately I can't find any Publisher Service Source Configuration Utility on my system.

Staff

What software is installed ?  And what version ?

Thanks

Frank

Contributor

Thank you Frank.. I have the Webmap, Geomedia, GMSC, APOLLO.
In fact I manage to build already an WFS instance but when I try to run the WFS on the https://{servername}/GMSC/Public/?request=GetCapabilities&service=WFS. it gives me the following error:

"A default document is not configured for the requested URL, and directory browsing is not enabled on the server."

I follow the suggestions and I enabled the directory browsing on GMSC / Public but it didnt work.

Staff

Before you try to use this WFS in GMSC, please make sure the WFS is returing valid GetCap doc, try this on your browser on your webmap server:

http://{webmapservername}/{WFSName}/service.svc/get?request=GetCapabilities&service=WFS

Regular Contributor

The error shown in the screenshot is a configuration specific to the customer site.

Customer IT has an IIS rewrite that redirects all unrecognised URLS to GMSC/public. Therefore config page shows as failed.

aka not an WebMap configuraton / fault issue.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.