Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor

In Geospatial Portal 16, how to force the portal to use other layouts in Mobile devices

Hi team,

Our client would like to use other layouts than Mobile layout in mobile devices, so they can display live search component. I have tried on my local environment. My workflow is:

• In the portal instance web.config, remove the Mobile layout from the Administration Console template and change the mobile template name to other layout such as Full.aspx.

Mobile layout 2.png

• In the Setup.aspx, remove the Mobile.aspx entry

Mobile layout 3.png

• Clear the portal instance folder in Temporary ASP.NET Files folder.

I use "Mobile Browser Emulator" extension on Chrome to test and it shows ok.

Mobile layout 1.png

However, I still see stylesheet and javascript files for mobile layout generated in the portal instance cache folder. So I wonder whether my workflow is good enough, or there are other places referencing the Mobile layout that I miss.

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas

Kind regards,

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.