Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Modifying Default Consumer portal workspace

[ Edited ]

In Geospatial Portal one can create a public workspace then assign it as the Default Workspace by editing the WebClient section of the Web.config file and replacing the default gpw value with the id of the new workspace..

e.g <webclient gpw="69432b8f-ee61-4637-baf3-55e47dbb819f" overview="SDIPortalSampleMap" ...... />

Now, what is the equivalent of doing this for Consumer Portal?

Regular Contributor

Re: Modifying Default Consumer portal workspace

Elvis,

Starting/Default Workspace assignment for Geospatial Portal and Consumer Portal web apps is managed through the Admin Portal (http://server/adminconsole/adminportal)

Is there a reason why you don't use this and are instead editing web.config files?

Regular Contributor

Yes, the reason am editing config files is that am using the SDK. Note that i dont have Consumer portal SDK 16.5 yet so I just create an instance using the Geospatial Portal's AdminConsole. Even so AdminPortal keeps throwing errors and does not even list exisiting applications. Furthermore, working with the SDK and copying over the new assets to GeoMedia WebMap's Geospatial Portal instance has not been smooth for me. Configuration services dont work as desired and am not in a position to start debugging/worrying about it due to an already complicated demo server environment (basically same server running Apollo, WebMap, GSP, MapWorks, SDI etc) It has come to apoint where it is difficult to know which service is interfering with another service - and you can guess this set-up can lead to corrutpion of the AdminConsole Instance, especially when installantions and upgrades of these software is not controlled. -End of Rant-

Ideally i am currently limited to editing Web.config files.

Regular Contributor

Fair enough! Smiley Happy

I believe the ID of the starting workspace gets set within data\client_configuration.json for a Consumer Portal instance.

Staff

The starting workspace for Consumer Portal is kept in the data/starting_wsp.json file. Its contents are generated when you send a starting workspace to it using the Admin Portal. You could author that file from scratch yourself, but I don't think it is officially documented.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.