Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Print Template Scale Bar

I'm creating a print template using the Print Service with PhantomJS. I'm using custom page sizes defined in web.config. When I use the default page sizes (A0-A5), the scale bar appears on the map as it should. However, when I change the page size to using custom sizes, the scale bar gets truncated. Here is what the page sizes in my web.config look like below. I didn't see how to use the PageNames defined on the template themselves, I did notice that with the following page sizes, it sometimes seems off in that even though it's in landscape, the larger page sizes act give a portrait like map selection

webconfig.PNGtruncatedscalebar.PNG

Staff

Re: Print Template Scale Bar

[ Edited ]

Hi Anthony,

See if the following posting regarding printing sizes help: 

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-WebGIS/Custom-size-for-Map-control-in-Portal-print...

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-WebGIS/Geospatial-Portal-external-print-service-st...

+++ 

I notice from the first screenshot on your post: 

"34 x 44, 864,762" should have been "34 x 44, 864,1118

+++ 

Let me know if it helps 

Regards,

Frank

New Contributor

Re: Print Template Scale Bar

[ Edited ]

The Print Template scale bar was not correct because the page size had to follow the same ratio as defined at the control level of the print template. If the control width/height had a ratio of 0.70, which is the case for A page sizes, then anything that didn't have that ratio would risk being not included in the map. 

I removed the width/height at the control level of the template and let the page dynamically size itself. Magically, this gave the exact behavior I wanted. In Portal, the selection region is the correct map size and the printed map does not get truncated anymore

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.