Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Remove permanently WMS worldmap

HI team,

Our client has WebMap 16.2 installed. They don't use OSM, they have their own base map and in the Admin Portal the WMS http://www2.demis.nl/wms/wms.ashx?WMS=WorldMap shows up as the default base map, we remove it, create a workspace with their own services and assign the workspace to a portal instance and somehow the WMS keeps showing up in the portal instance starting workspace.

Data source.png

Is any way that we could remove it completely (both it and OSM)?

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas.

Kind regards,

Occasional Contributor

Re: Remove permanently WMS worldmap

Hello Bob,

I have been able to successfully remove the world map from my 2 main instances in 2 separate portals by simply deleting the world map data source, saving the workspace and setting this to be the initial workspace.  However, I have another instance on one of these portals where this approach has not been successful and the world map still gets initialised when entering the portals.  Like you, I ideally want to be able to remove it completely.

Cheers,

Liz

Super Contributor

Re: Remove permanently WMS worldmap

Hi Liz & team,

I think I've found the solution now.

10.png

In the portal configuration, we need to make sure that no sample workspace or map are used in starting workspace or overview map.

Kind regards,

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.