Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Dd
Occasional Contributor

Setting up Geospatial Portal SDK 16.5 - Accessing 'SmartClient15'

Hi all,

I am trying to set up the portal SDK 16.5 in my Windows server by using Visual Studio 2017.

The SDK framework targetted for .NET 4 and I upgraded it to .NET 4.5 because of The type or namespace name 'Http' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Net' (are you missing an assembly reference?) error (in WcsMapServiceHttpHandler.cs file. In the previous SDK (16.0) doesn't have this file). The NuGet packages don't have the System.Net.Http, but after I upgraded the .NET framework the System.Net.Http is in the list.

Unfortunately, when I wanted to install the System.Net.Http, I get the following error: 

An error occurred while retrieving package metadata for 'Microsoft.AspNet.WebApi.5.2.7' from source 'SmartClient15'.
Failed to fetch results from V2 feed at 'https://gmscdemo.hexagongeospatial.com/HexagonLive/nuget/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Microsoft.AspN...' with following message : Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).
Response status code does not indicate success: 500 (Internal Server Error).

I tried to access to https://gmscdemo.hexagongeospatial.com/HexagonLive/nuget/nuget/FindPackagesById()?id='Microsoft.AspN..., but the page has 'Runtime Error'.

1. How do I resolve this issue?
  2. Why this portal SDK relates with Smart Client?

Thanks in advance Smiley Wink

Technical Evangelist

Re: Setting up Geospatial Portal SDK 16.5 - Accessing 'SmartClient15'

I've never seen a reference to SmartClient from within Portal SDK project.

However I can confirm that I saw System.Net.Http reference problems. It seems there are some .NET version conflicts but I can't tell if they come from the VS solution, or from the Visual Studio itself. I have been able to resolve this by either of those"

• Use Visual Studio 2013, which is the version listed in SLN file - no build error there
  • In case of Visual Studio 2017, I just removed the System.Net.Http references from WCS project and deleted related usings. After that simple step, the solution built fine.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Dd
Occasional Contributor

Re: Setting up Geospatial Portal SDK 16.5 - Accessing 'SmartClient15'

Hi @jan.neumann, thanks for replying.

The version that has the above-said issue is 16.5.0105. I've downloaded the newest, version 16.5.0208 and it works perfectly Smiley Wink

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.