Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Use DB View instead of Table for Search in CP

Hi,

when I define a Search for Consumer Portal wit an oracle db connection I´m only able to select tables.

How do I access a view for the Search configuration?

regards.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Use DB View instead of Table for Search in CP

Hi Reinhard,

I don't see it documented anywhere but it really looks like the search configuration engine looks only for tables.

I'd have few remarks:

1. Configure a "dummy" search over a table. Then go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\AdminInstances\Backend\web.config and under <search><searchers>, replace the tableName="<schema>.<table>" with your VIEW name.
    It might work.
  2. How about materialized views? Are they listed?
  3. Workaround - Create a temporary table that will be filled by trigger(s) when the originating table(s) change.
  4. Portal SDK comes with sample custom searcher project. You can configure your own searcher backend which will also work with VIEWs.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.