Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

WFS-G with oracle database example

Hi,

My biggest problem is that the search value is in one table and the geometry is in a geom table.

does anyone have an example web.config for a wfs-g and oracle db?

kind regards

Contributor

Re: WFS-G with oracle database example

Hi,

You may build a view that links the 2 fields, in Oracle. Then you set the GeoMedia Metadata to that view with Database Utilities and set the web.config of WFS-G as if it was a simple table.

Regards,

Bruno Santos

Staff

What Bruno said!

But if for whatever reason creating a view is out of the question, I believe what you are looking for is the hierarchy capabilities of the WebMap's WFSG.

By defining two features in the web.config and then tying those together with the relation tag, the parent feature can be configured to use the parents geometry as its geometry. Be advised, though that searching such a Gazetteer through portal might return both features of both classes in the response, but you could workaround that by adding an SqlFilter configuration with 1=0 inside, thus - no "child" features returned.

I've managed to quickly hack together a WFSG configuration based off the venerable US Sample Data set so that it is searching over the Counties table, but returns geometries for States instead. E.g. searching for "Alameda", will return the county ALAMEDA, but pin it to the center of Alabama. Searching for "Alabama" will return nothing.

I'm attaching the web.config file here.

Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions and the web.config example.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.