Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

WFS GetFeatureInfo not returning all Fields in Geospatial Portal

Hi,

Am consuming a wfs from Geoserver in Geospatial Portal but am unable to get all the attribute fields. See photo for # of fields returned and the expected fields in Geoserver.

wra_scrnshot.png

Geospatial Portal GetFeatureInfo

wra_sedimentgeoserver.png

Geoserver GetFeatureInfo

Technical Evangelist

Re: WFS GetFeatureInfo not returning all Fields in Geospatial Portal

Hi Elvis,

You can enable DEBUG logging level in Portal and review the GetFeature request that is being sent.The log line (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Instances\Portal\App_Data\Log\log.txt) will usually look like this

2018-01-31 09:47:44,853 [10] DEBUG Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.Tools.WebResourceReaderFactory [(null)] - Fetching web resource: uri=[https://acme.org/geoserver/wfs], timeout=[100000], method=[POST], request body=[<wfs:GetFeature xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs/2.0" version="2.0.0" service="WFS" xmlns:p1="http://census.gov" count="4000">
  <wfs:Query typeNames="p1:states" srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326">
    <fes:Filter xmlns:fes="http://www.opengis.net/fes/2.0">
      <fes:Intersects>
        <fes:ValueReference>the_geom</fes:ValueReference>
        <Polygon srsName="urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::4326" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/gml">
          <exterior>
            <LinearRing>
              <posList srsDimension="2">35.0814011811124 -87.8048207553166 35.1305320404874 -87.8048207553166 35.1305320404874 -87.7556898959416 35.0814011811124 -87.7556898959416 35.0814011811124 -87.8048207553166 </posList>
            </LinearRing>
          </exterior>
        </Polygon>
      </fes:Intersects>
    </fes:Filter>
  </wfs:Query>
</wfs:GetFeature>]

Then you can take this request and try to issue it manually, e.g. using Fiddler tool (Composer tab), and see what is the actual reponse.

fiddler.png

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

Hi Jan,

I have done so and am getting back all the fields as shown.

GetFeatureResult.png

Technical Evangelist

That is strange indeed. Is there any error / warning in the Portal log?

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

I have quickly checked on some of the publicly available WFS services and it worked fine on one. It's quite hard though to find a nice example for reproducing the issue. Do you know about some public WFS Geoserver that behaves the same in Portal?

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

hbm
Staff

I'd be interested in the DescribeFeatureType call result for that feature class. There's a link to that in the xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the raw GetFeature response screenshot you provided, Elvis.

Maybe there are some strange types used that Portal doesn't understand and silently ignores in a "best effort" attempt to show the Feature Info? Also, does the screenshot show the GetFeature response for the feature that you tried to obtain Feature Info for in your previous screenshot? Portal might omit some null values when showing the Feature Info dialog. Where "null" means "not present", and not "present but empty".

Regular Contributor

Hi hbm,

Please see the below the DescribeFeatureType Result. Also the Features that am testing all have attribute values in the database. Initially some of those fields had null values and were not being presented in the GetFeatureInfo dialog. After populating the fields and reloading the service in GeoServer i can't get the fields to display. Am thinking about the portal cache but am not sure where to get that so that i can delete the cache.

DescribeFeatureType.png

Regular Contributor

Hi Jan,

Am not aware of any public geoserver behaving similarly but i have an external port to this one am using i have shared with you in inbox for further tests.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Elvis,

I was able to set up Geoserver locally and used some sample data for tests. I reproduced the issue.

I will create a ticket on your behalf and investigate this further.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

Hi Jan,

Thanks, i have seen the ticket. Will wait for outcome.

Regards,

Elvis

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.