Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

Re: WFS getfeature request shows exception 'File name is required'

Hi, Bob!

The GWMLog indicates that the logic didn't even get to exporting any features to GML. It failed while opening the recordset. Is the data in SQL Server? Is it published remotely or locally, i.e. was the GeoMedia Desktop on one machine, while WebMap on another? Aren't you missing some warehouse configuration files on the server? Was the feature cache enabled when setting up the GeoMedia Workspace? I would be shooting for the last one Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI team,

Thanks hbm for the suggestions. All the services are published locally. Both GeoMedia and WebMap on the same server. All the features are displaying fine in the workspace. I look closer again all the feature connections. None of them have feature cache enabled turned on, but one of them have option "Enable advanced feature model" turned on. I turned it off, republishing again from the workspace to the service source and supprisingly the service starts working again.

Notedly, I did do some experiments to turn on/off this option on my environment and my wfs working just fine in both cases, so I am not sure on how it could be the problem in this case. I also experiment enabling feature caching and the wfs service is working fine. The GWMLog shows that it still queries feature from the database. 

Relate to that AFM option subject, on the server, I also have 3 other WFS services are not working (the capabilities document is failing), they are also have one feature connection with AFM enabled. The error message indicates something wrong with building all layers.

Old image.png

And the GWMlog file end at:

Old log.png

However, if I populate the service source back to the geoworkspace, tick off the AFM option and republishing again to the serrvice source, the capabilities document is still failing, but I get different error message this time.

New Error.png

And the GWMLog file shows further detail:

New Log.png

These log files and error messages are quite confusing, pointing me to nowhere. I appreciate if you can help to understand them and show me where I should look.

I also include the GWMLog files in both cases.

Kind regards,

Staff

I have no experience with AFM. It's entirely plausible in my mind that those files could then be inaccessible to the MapSvr.exe process that is doing all the heavy lifting in WebMap. GeoMedia WebMap and GeoMedia Desktop share the configuration through WebMap Publisher, but are running as separate processes and under different credentials. We'd need somebody more knowledgeable about AFM to chime in. Maybe @pkrejcir?

As for the new error (With Block or Variable not set), you might be seeing a corrupt WebMap metadata (where do you store it?), or possibly, one of the legend entries published is simply not compatible with WebMap's WFS. Have you seen any warnings during the publishing process?

Super Contributor

Hi hbm,

Thank you for following up on this. We use MS SQL server to store all WMS/WFS metadatabases. Would you mind explaining a little more about "one of the legend entries published is simply not compatible with WebMap's WFS"?

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

WebMap cannot make any use of AFM, so it does not matter whether a connection is AFM enabled or not from this point of view. On the other hand, if it fails for AFM enabled connections, it would be worth of support ticket, since it could be considered as a bug.

Pavel

Super Contributor

Hi hbm and pkrejcir,

Thank you for looking into the problem. This problem occurs in one of 3 client's servers and I haven't reproduced in on my local, so I can't log ticket yet. I just wonder whether you guys know any possible factor could causes that particular error message.

Kind regards,

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.