Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

WMS and SQL Server Spatial

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I'm having a situation when consuming data, in a WMS version 2015 EP05, from a SQL Server Spatial database.

I've published a FC and when I'm trying to see the data in that a browser I get a stange behavior: the features inside that FC that has specifed SRID = 0 are visible and others that have a SRID = 3857 (for example) aren't.

However, if I try to see that same FC inside GeoMedia (in my case Essentials 2015 EP05) I can see all the geometries.

Any hint?

How can I overcome this situation?

My goal is to have all the features with a SRID defined.

TIA

Super Contributor

Re: WMS and SQL Server Spatial

Do you mean that if you do an 

select distinct SP_GEOMETRY.STSrid from dbo.MYTABLE

you will get more than one SRID returned?

• all srid in a table must be the same or some geometries will not show.
  • if you are using projected coordinate system and set the geometry srid to a value other than 0, you will need to manually adjust the GeoMedia metadata. Be warned that GeoMedia will overright that value.
    There is a discussion on projected srid not set to 0 in the forums somewhere.  
Staff

Hi Shaun.

Thanks for the reply.

All the record in the table have the same SRID.

I'm using projected cs and I've changed already the GParameter value for native SRID so that GeoMedia use the correct value.

I'll try to find the topic that you mentioned.

Best regards,

António

Staff

Shaun,

I've seen the topic that you mentioned and it solved the problem.

This is the link for it: https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia/Spatial-Filter-not-working-for-SQL-Serve...

The problem is that in Database Utilities we must manually add the code for projected epsg code because it is not available in the list that DBUtilities shows.

Thanks for your help

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.