Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMTS and Authorization

Hi everybody.

I use SDI-2018 (Version 16.5.0100 build 14).

I create a WMTS-facade to a Apollo WMTS. It work fast as i use the Apollo server directly.

I need to use the authorization bridge for controlling access to the WMTS service.

It work, but... it slow; the WMS with authorization bridge is much faster

When a use my WMTS-facade in a Geospatial Portal, each tile (24 tiles approx.) use the authorization bridge 24 times and it take a lot of time.

Each tile call use the same sessionID.

Is there a way to only use the authorization bridge one time and don't spend lot of time to make verifications each tiles at every zoom.

Thanks

Technical Evangelist

Re: WMTS and Authorization

Hi marcot,

Likely not. WMTS web service is a stateless type of service (no sessions) which means that authorization is required for each request. You might however see better performance if you set up the user management directly in Apollo.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Occasional Contributor

Re: WMTS and Authorization

Thanks Jan.

I just wanted to be sure that is was imposible in SDI as is,

I have a couple of alternatives solutions:

1- We use Netscaler (and further F5) as a proxy;

2- It's much easier to manage the IP adress to an authorize organisation, than create a lot of usr/pwd for them;

3- We don't have a lot of secure-WMTS;

4- As I said, the WMS speed is acceptable (less than 3 sec. with authorization bridge). I can use SDI for more specific grants thus IP adress if necessary;

5- It's in my TO DO to explore the Apollo security.

The only thing that put SDI in front of other proxy/usr/pwd third party solution is the cropping.

We use lot of orthos with cropping depending of the rights of the client organization.

I still continue to use Apollo WMS for those.

Marco

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.