Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

WebMap 15.00.0400 problems with WFS-G

Hi,

I have several solutions in production with WebMap and Geospatial Portal in several clients. I am noticing that there are a lot of problems in these, related to WebMap corruption, that have the consequence of the map services stop working until we restart WebMap. These solutions have several WMS, WFS-G, WMPS and Printing Service.

I am suspecting of WFS-G, as these services stop working sometimes, other times they don't even load. I see several errors in Event Viewer that are related with WFS-G services:

Time: Thu May 12 15:35:35 2016
Source: Map Server
Version: 15.00.0400.00163
Function CreateObject
Error: 0x1
Error Description: Not available
Log File: {4B518A2F-3835-457D-9587-D93C71DE5BB8}.GWMLog

In the WebMap log file itself I don't see any specific problem. But looking at the WFS-G service log I obtained the following:

2016-05-12 15:35:35,903 [53] FATAL Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.BasePipe.MethodDispatcher.SDIMethodDispatcher [(null)] - A fatal exception has been caught and transformed
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.MapSvr.IDGWMMapServerHelper.CreateObject(String Name, Object ObjectName)
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.GDOUtils.RecordsetService.ExecuteExportToGML2(Object recordsets, Nullable`1 gmlVersion, String crsName, Nullable`1 maxFeaturesCount, Stream resultStream, String gmlBaseSchemasLocation, Stream outputSchemaStream, String schemaLocation, Boolean swapCoord, String xmlNamespaceAttribute, String xmlNamespace)
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Gazetteer.Pipes.WFSGOriginatingPipe.WFSGOriginatingPipe.GenerateFeaturesResponseDocument(GetFeatureParameters110 getFeatureParametersBase, RecordsetService rs, GMRecordsets recordsets, String defaultCSFName, Stream getFeatureResponse, GMRecordsets recordsetsForSchema, Stream schemaResponse)
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Gazetteer.Pipes.WFSGOriginatingPipe.WFSGOriginatingPipe.GenerateResponseFiles(String defaultCSFName, Stream getFeatureResponse, GetFeatureParameters110 getFeatureParametersBase, GMRecordsets recordsets, GMRecordsets recordsetsForSchema, Stream schemaResponse)
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Gazetteer.Pipes.WFSGOriginatingPipe.WFSGOriginatingPipe.GetFeature(GetFeatureParameters110 getFeatureParametersBase, AdditionalParametersCollection additionalParameters, IUserContext userContext)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Common.BasePipe.MethodDispatcher.SDIMethodDispatcher.Dispatch(Object actPipe, MethodParameterInfo methodInfo, SDIMethodParameters parametersClass, AdditionalParametersCollection additionalParameters, IUserContext userContext)

Has anyone experience similar behavior on WFS-G? Any ideas to surpass this?

TIA

Bruno Santos

Highlighted
hbm
Staff

Re: WebMap 15.00.0400 problems with WFS-G

[ Edited ]

WFS-G can be a resource hungry beast sometimes :-) Especially when dealing with large datasets.
You might want to monitor the memory usage of the mapsvr processes. The most important life parameters are the commit charge (page file bytes in perfmon) and virtual bytes (only accessible through perfmon).
If you are hitting the commit charge limit, try setting the memory threshold a notch below that. If you are hitting the virtual size limit there's not much you can do but maybe revise your service configuration strategy. Mixing vector and raster based on one machine might be one reason. The former eat up page file memory mostly while the latter eat virtual memory like popcorn. 32 bit processes are limited to 4GiB both. On top of that the mapsvr has only recently been made to unlock the full address space. Pre EP05 mapsvr is limited to about 2.
There have been enhancements made to both the mapsvr and mapsvrmngr which alleviate some of the stability problems. These are available as 15ep04 hotfixes from support.

If I'm not mistaken about the procedure you should file an SR to be given out fixes towards EP04.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.