Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

WebMap 2016 configuration wizards display WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or missing

I just installed WebMap 2016 on a new Windows Server 2012 R2.

The configuration wizards still marks WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or missing.

.NET Framework 4.5 Features - WCF Services - HTTP Activation is installed.

.NET Framework 4.5 and ASP.NET 4.5 are installed.

Do I need to install .Net 3.5 also?

Or what else is missing?

regards

Wolfgang

Re: WebMap 2016 configuration wizards display WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or miss

If I remember correctly, the Windows Communication Foundation code is based on the .NET 3.5 and not .NET 4 so I would suggest installing .NET 3.5 which contains the WCF 3.5

Contributor

Re: WebMap 2016 configuration wizards display WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or miss

I've got a virtual machine for development. It is also Windows Server 2012 R2 with WebMap 2016.  .NET 3.5 is NOT installed. WebMap configuration wizard is happy as everything is installed/enabled.

Only difference to the customers machine, where I am having all this problems, is that on my dev-server I installed WebMap Professional and on the customers server it is only WebMap Essentials.

The page with the mising features shows "IIS_ASPNET45" and "WCF-HTTP-Activation45" on my dev-server (WebMap Pro), while it's "IIS_ASPNET" and "WCF-HTTP-Activation" on the customers server (WebMap Ess).

So WebMap Professional is fine with .NET 4.5, but Essentials needs .NET 3.5 ????

Would be great if anybody could confirm this, because installing .NET 3.5 on a 2012 R2 is not straightforward, so I would need the customers IT-guys.

regards

Wolfgang

Technical Evangelist

Hi Wolfgang,

This is installation checklist that I went through during preparation of a WebGIS training machine running on Windows Server 2012 R2.

Server Roles

• WebServer
  • Application Server

Server Features

• .NET Framework 3.5 Feature (for SQL Server)
    • .NET 3.5
  • NET 4.5
  • WCF Services
    • HTTP Activation
    • MSMQ Activation
  • Message Queuing
    • HTTP Support
  • Windows Identity Foundation

Web Server Role (IIS)

• Security
    • Basic Authentication

Application Server Role

• Web Server (IIS) Support
  • Windows Process Activation Service Support
    • HTTP Activation
  • Message Queuing Activation

The .NET 3.5 Framework actually IS available to install at the server I did not have to download anything manually from Microsoft:

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

I remember that I always had to install .NET 3.5 when working with WebMap. I believe that those are some of 3rd party components built upon .NET v2.0 requiring that version. v3.5 is actually v2.0 with bug fixes and enhancements.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Thanks for confirmation.

Just wondering why webMap 2016 Professional is working on my dev-server without .NET 3.5 :-)

So I will ask the customers IT-guys to install .NET 3.5 as you need the install-media for it.

thanks

Wolfgang

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

I could be that you haven't used the related component yet O:-)

But still... what do you see in subfolders on these locations?

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework / C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

On the customer server i have

v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727 and v4.0.30319 in Framework and

v4.0.30319 in Framework64

On my dev-server it's exactly the same.

I still think there is a difference between Professional and Essential, as they show different windows features needed (IIS-ASPNET45 versus IIS-ASPNET).

Maybe I haven't used the related component yet, but at least I was able to configure my WebMap Pro. With the WebMap Essential on the customer server I'm stuck at the second screen of the configuration wizard.

regards

Wolfgang

Technical Evangelist

Hmm, that's really interesting since I always installed Advantage/Professional tiers on my VMs... But I probably also installed .NET35 "automatically".

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

So you should try to install Essentials :-)

Technical Evangelist

Hi Wolfgang,

but you have .NET Framework 2.0, which is essentially identical to 3.5. So perhaps 2.0 is sufficient to install WebMap.

Pavel

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.