Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Webmap and LegendEntry Scale Range Check fails for SmartStore feature

We have a wesite that uses GeoMedia WebMap to render underground asset data over to the top of Ordnance Survey MasterMap information. To improve performance and legibility of the legend I am trying to use GeoMedia's DisplayScale functionality (right-click feature, Display Scale Range...) so that some MasterMap features aren't displayed when the DisplayScale of the end-map is above 1:2500, this function works perfectly fine for those features but not features read in from a GeoMedia Smartstore.

Any of these features with this DisplayScale limitation are not adhering to the display rule. The GMW logs don't even show this display rule being identified. When viewing the legend in GeoMedia Dekstop it's working correctly, just not when interfacing with WebMap.

I have tried all of the following:

Create new Library based on existing Library and updating legend in new library

Creating new library based on default library template and adding only the updated legend to avoid any versioning

Is there a known issue (and I just can't find anything online) for SmartStore features not adhering to any displayscale rules? 

This is a problem (for us) on the following WebMap versions:

06.01.03.08 (aware this is VERY old)

Neither version appears to abide by the rules.

Hopefully you can help before I pull all my hair out.

Regular Contributor

Re: Webmap and LegendEntry Scale Range Check fails for SmartStore feature

Hi Darren,

Welcome to the community!

Have you checked the metadata/service source table LEGENDENTRIES to validate:

The legend entries have the correct values in MINIMUMSCALE and MAXIMUMSCALE, also confirm that DISPLAYMODE is set to 3 (Display by Scale).

To get the name of legend entry look in WPLEGENDENTRIES.LAYERNAME where WPLEGENDENTRIES.ID = LEGENDENTRIES.NAME.

Are the legend entries contained in a Group on the GeoMedia Desktop legend - is the group set to display by scale as well?

Also check its DISPLAYMODE in the metadata/service source?

HTH

Colin

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Colin,

Thanks for the swift reply, genuinely wasn't expecting anything after previous attempts for community help on other issues (not GeoMedia related).

I've checked all the things you've highlighted and can confirm that the relevant legend entry has a MinimumScale of 1, a MaximumScale of 2500 and a DisplayMode of 3.

None of our features are part of any grouping structure so no grouping scale.

The OSTOPO data that is read in from an Oracle connection correctly switches off at the desired maximum scale, but I can't get any of the Smartstore-fed information to do the same. I've tried removing the entry and re-adding it as well as all of the above.

Thanks,

Darren

Regular Contributor

Can you send us a copy of a detailed GeoMedia WebMap log file for the map request containing the SmartStore data?

New Contributor

Hi Colin,

Please find attached log file.

Thank you,

Darren

Staff

Hi, Darren!

The GWMLog you attached is truly fascinating. I can see already that you are using WebMap API in your solution Smiley Happy

From what I can gather, only 5 of the legend entries in this flow have the display mode set to "display by scale range", with two of them actually failing the scale range test. All 5 of them seem to come from an Oracle connection, though, and the SmartStore connection ones don't seem to have the appropriate display mode set.

Can you shed some light on how you construct the legend in your solution? Could you paste some code snippets, perhaps?

What worries me is the fact, that the legend looks like it contains 40 legend entries in this case, while between the Gro->RefreshRect there are only 13 mentions of DisplayScale retrieval.

New Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help, it appears that our culprit is actually a piece of code that prevents anything defined as a foreground asset - which is essentially everything in our SmartStore from being set to any DisplayMode than "on".

Once again, thanks for your help and time.

Darren

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.