Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

request not allowed message on mobile phone

[ Edited ]

I have a webmap SDK application that works fine when accessed by computer.  The map that is generated is embedded in a frame. I can access the SDK map either directly (via gwmpub.aspx) or by displaying the page where i've embedded the map in an IFRAME>   I am using Open Street Maps  and a simple geomedia webmap publisher data source.  When i try to display the map on a mobile phone, the URL changes automatcally from gwmpub.asxp to mobile.asxp which fine and all displays well.  However if i access it through the webpage where it is embedded in an Iframe, i get a REQUEST NOT ALLOWED message in webmap and no map is displayed.  The message appears 4 times - once for the intial map and then one time each for 3 different queries.   

Is there some security issue involved on a mobile phone with embedding map in an IFRAME?

Thanks,

Jane

Technical Evangelist

Re: request not allowed message on mobile phone

Hi Jane,

I suspect it's because of a specific task being done during map init which might not be understood by the Mobile.aspx for some reason. I suggest to create a test HTML with Mobile.aspx layout embedded and identical map configuration in place. Then you can debug it from your desktop.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

I've simplified the problem -

This works fine on computer using either gwmpub.aspx or mobile.aspx

<html>

<body>

<iframe name="IncidentIframe" id="IncidentIframe" height="450" width=100% src="http://www.mywebsite.com/portalsdk4/mobile.aspx?gpm=9db2159d-85cb-4dc8-adff-73f3c0e8dab7&PlantStatus"></iframe>

</body>
</html>

On a cell phone, if i use mobile.aspx no map is generated and if i use gwmpub.aspx i get the REQUEST NOT ALLOWED messages

However on a cell phone, if i just go directly to the website 

http://www.mywebsite.com/portalsdk4/mobile.aspx?gpm=9db2159d-85cb-4dc8-adff-73f3c0e8dab7&PlantStatus or

http://www.mywebsite.com/portalsdk4/gwmpub.aspx?gpm=9db2159d-85cb-4dc8-adff-73f3c0e8dab7&PlantStatus

all works fine.  So the only issue is using the iframe.  I have tried with different browsers on mobile and get same results (chrome and firefox)

Regular Contributor

found the problem - you can't use location.href to test  URL of an iframe on a mobile phone!  I had code doing this in helloworld.js (testing one of the arguments in the webmap url)

Regular Contributor

location.href was not the problem.  The problem was the browser choice.  Safari  (on iPhone) is the only browser that gives me the problem.  We are using Chrome to successfully access the page via mobile phone.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.